This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how https://www.netcore-it.co.za/collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website or mobile applications.
The data we collect about you
We’ve been working closely with all teams in our business and upskilling ourselves to ensure that we’re meeting the requirements set out in POPIA. As a result, our data processing policy has been updated slightly, however you do not need to take any action.
We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
We commit to:
• Only collecting personal information for the purposes of doing business with you. This includes updating you about changes to your ESET products, industry trends, offers and advice. Your information will not be used for any other purpose.
• Take all reasonable measures to keep your personal information secure.
• Only retaining your personal information with your permission and in accordance with applicable laws.
• Never selling your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
• Ensuring that if there is a need to share your personal information with any third party, that we have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree.
• Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for).
• Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g. language settings, saved items, items stored in your basket and Prime membership; and
• Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
• Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you visit our website. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and advertising companies.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer, including the following:
• Registering you as a new customer
• Processing and delivering your orders
• Managing your relationship with us
• Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys
• Improving our website, applications, products and services
• Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you
• Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary
• Detecting fraud
How we share your personal data
We may need to share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
• Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our website from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties.
• Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
• Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets.
• Detecting fraud and abuse: We release account and other personal data to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
When we share your personal data with third parties we
• only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to, or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data, or you wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 35 Nicola Street, Paarl, Western Cape.